Tips on Choosing a Trustworthy Construction Contractor
Building a home is definitely not something that you should be doing by yourself. The process is tough, consumes a lot of time, and requires a lot of men-power to be completed. Thus, if you want to construct a house rather than purchasing one, you should find and hire a dependable construction contractor to help you. And because we know that choosing the right company for any job can be hard, we Continue Reading
Why Using Local Construction Contractors Is the Best Way to Go?
A construction permit is a document which authorizes either local construction contractors, home or business owners to perform a building project. This can be issued either by the state, city, or local authority. These permits can apply to both new construction or remodeling work. Continue Reading
What Are the Responsibilities of a Construction Contractor?
A construction contractor places bids on projects, hires any necessary sub-contractors, and at times partakes with the actual building process. Continue Reading
In Home Construction What Is a Raised Foundation?
A home construction raised foundation is the main floor of a building or structure which is raised above the surrounding earth. In addition with the concrete foundation, a raised one can be found in most homes within the industrialized world. They do provide numerous benefits; however, they come with their own disadvantages. Continue Reading
How to Find a Reliable Home Construction Company
Bloomquist Construction Inc is a company that has been providing its clients with reliable services since 2000. We are well-aware that searching for a reputable home construction company is not a simple task, which is why we have decided to help you with it. Here, you will find a short guide that will allow you to find the right professionals in three simple steps. Continue Reading
Choosing the right local construction contractors can have a great impact on the success of your construction project. Hiring highly capable professionals will not only save you money but also ensure the long-lasting performance of the newly constructed structure. Whether the construction project is in a commercial or residential property, professionals will always do their best to meet your demands and requirements. Keep on reading to learn important tips in hiring the right local construction contractors. Continue Reading
What Is a Construction Contractor Lien Release?
A construction contractor lien release is a legal document, with which a contractor that has done work on a property and shows they have been fully paid, including any or all materials they supplied. It releases the contractor from their job and restores a clear title to a home owner. The document will be dated and signed by a contractor in front of a notary public. Continue Reading
Building your own house is always an exciting thing, but it can also be really overwhelming. Although you won’t have to build it with your own hands, you need to be an active participant in the process, so you can get the desired results. And because we know how hectic things can get, we decided to share with you a list of things you need to know that will make the process easier. Continue Reading
Why You Should Hire a Construction Company That Uses SIP Technology for Your Building Project?
SIPs (Structural Insulated Panels) have been around for many years, but only recently people have started to discover their advantages. One of the main reasons SIPs are not as popular as they should be is because many people confuse them with prefab or modular building panels which are cheap products with limited design styles, life expectancy, and structural flexibility. But, structural insulated panels have nothing to do with modular building or prefab products. Here are some of the many benefits you get if you hire a construction company that specializes in SIP building.
- The construction process can take place on a dry clean site.
- Building with SIPs is faster and much easier than with other building products.
- The building time can be reduced by up to 50% thanks to pre-designed panels.
- Improved insulation can reduce energy costs by up to 55%.
- Since the roof does not require trusses, you can get up to 25% more floor space in the attic.
- Since panels weigh around 3 pounds per square foot, they are very easy to handle.
- The strength of the building becomes apparent once all the panels are securely fastened. By joining all panels together, the monolithic shell of the construction becomes complete. As a result, SIP construction is six times stronger than timber frame construction.
- Thanks to the carefully engineered interlocking systems, the panels form a airtight construction which does not allow any damp, water, or mold penetration.
- All panels have a polyurethane inner core which does not deteriorate over time. This core also has incredible insulation properties.
- As for exterior finishes, you have numerous options, including traditional cavity, brick slips, timber cladding, etc.
If you want to get all these benefits, then you need to hire a construction company that specializes in building with SIPs. Bloomquist Construction Inc is one of the most reliable construction companies in Redwood City, CA. We have many years of experience in the business and numerous satisfied clients. Call us at (650) 248-1183 for references.